Saturday, May 9, 2015

He can change your life forever.

Day 5 of IMPACT | May 8, 2015

This short reflection occurred to me during one of our PW prayers this morning after a wonderful few days in retreat and preparing for our work in our parishes next week. An encounter - a true, personal experience - with God, in reality, changes you in a way that's difficult to describe. It is from this desire that part of the motivation of my missionary work arises: my desire for others to experience this life-changing experience God provides.

Truth is, I'm realizing that we all have a void in our hearts that we need to fill. And the world will try and fill us with all these things that seem great but in reality leave us more hungry and more thirsty. However, I realize that a hole that is designed for God to fill, can't be filled by anything but God himself. We search so much and we are so desperate to fill it. We want so much to be happy, to be at peace with ourselves, to be joyful in our daily endeavours.

I believe that a true encounter with Christ changes the direction of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment