Saturday, May 23, 2015

Beauty of the call

Day 20 of IMPACT | May 23, 2015

I'm going to start by admitting that this post was written a little bit after the fact, but I dated it on the day of the ordination so I can place it better in context for my personal reflection of my mission.

Today I was given an incredible opportunity to attend a priestly ordination in the Archdiocese of Vancouver. The deacon was a friend of mine and I was absolutely thrilled to be attending for the first time, the Sacrament of Holy Orders.

The whole Mass left me speechless and in awe of the beauty of God and the beauty of the Sacrament. As outward signs of inward grace, seeing this Sacrament in particular take place filled me with a deep sense of joy and simply awe. The community of priests, in particular, when they came up and one by one laid their hands on the new priest and embraced him, gave me such an excitement and beautiful feeling inside. The fact that a new priest is supported by so many other priests, like a brotherhood, is so wonderful to me. There was so much grace that was poured out during that day and it was absolutely beautiful to me.

The ordination was a blessing for me because it allowed me to see the beginning of the fulfillment of that vocation for that new priest. It showed me the beauty of the call that God gives each and every one of us - our vocation. After greeting the new priest after his ordination, he radiated pure joy and importantly, peace. It was so wonderful to see him discovering God's vocation for him and now making the decision to enter into that vocation.

I'm continuing to learn that God always desires the best for us and his call for us is the call that will give us the most fulfillment, but also importantly, the best way for us to serve others and bring others to Heaven with us. The two sides of our faith - holiness and mission - is ultimately best fulfilled through our vocation. Our God who loves us so much has personally designed a plan for each of us to live - and I cannot wait to discover what God has in plan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment