Saturday, June 20, 2015

God is indeed working

Day 48 of IMPACT | June 20, 2015

At the beginning of every formation session on Saturday mornings with IMPACT, the floor is open and we are invited to share 'glory stories' with the rest of the team. This is a way of acknowledging everything that God is doing in our lives, but also as a way to celebrate the wonderful things that are happening on mission and the blessings that we, as a team, are experiencing on a day to day basis. It is truly a beautiful and humbling experience to be able to hear the experiences of the other missionaries and at times, to share my own in celebration of what God has done for me.

It has been continually spiritually dry for me over the past few days (maybe even week), but it was truly so uplifting to see all the ways that God was working in the lives of the missionaries around me. Many of the stories left me in a state of awe and wonder at what the Lord can do and just how good He is to us.

Listening to glory stories are so wonderful for me and my own life. Sometimes, when I feel like God isn't working in my life, He truly is - just that He didn't choose to be as visible as He was in some other situations. These stories, however, are so inspiring to me and helps affirm for me the fact that God is indeed working, even though very often we don't notice it or see it.

These moments of consolation are so valuable and treasured, and I am so thankful that I am able to get them from such a good Lord. My hope as I continue to learn and grow is that I will be able to use these moments of consolation as boosts and as motivation during times when I feel desolate, alone, distant or unmotivated.

God is working during IMPACT, and He is doing incredible things (as He is God!) I am so proud to be able to simply be a part of this and let God do incredible things through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment